NETGEAR ROUTER SETUP :
Netgear WNDR3800 router provides high-speed Internet that is optimal for HD video streaming and also for playing online games. It is a dual-band Gigabit Ethernet router having one WAN port and four LAN ports. All these ports are located on the back of the router. You will also find one USB port and an on/off button on the back. The USB port is used to share information through USB storage devices and also used to attach a printer.
The LED lights, WPS button, and wireless on/off button are located on the front of the router. WPS button is used to instantly connect wireless devices to the router. And through on/off button, you can easily on or off the wireless network of the router. The LED lights help to know the status of the router that is if the router is working properly or not.
Some of the very important features of Netgear WNDR3800 are given below, have a look.
- Ready SHARE printer: Attach your printer to the USB port on the back of the router and access it wirelessly.
- Ready SHARE USB: You can access and share files with the storage devices connected externally to the USB port of the router. These files can also be accessed remotely via the internet by remote users.
- Video Mode: You can set up a separate video network for the devices on which you are streaming videos. This will prevent packet drops.A 5 GHz network has to be established for this purpose.
- Clear Channel Selector: The name of the feature itself describes that it automatically finds a channel or path with less or no disturbance to reach the client device. As most of the time, the network gets interference by the objects and other wireless networks situated in the neighbourhood.
- TiVo Support: It is a digital video recorder. When it is connected to a home network, it allows you to access media files. You can also download and access TV shows and movies.
Unpack your routerYour router box has the following things when you open it:
What to do before installing your router?
The Setup of Netgear WNDR3800
The easiest method to set up the router is through Netgear Genie. Netgear Genie can automatically perform the set up process. Or you can also perform if you want through the menus and screens of the Netgear Genie. You need the ISP information for the setup. So, make sure you have all the details in your hand. It hardly takes 15 to 17 minutes to complete the setup for the Netgear WNDR3800.
Follow the steps given below to set up your router:
- 1. Enable the on/off button to make your router turn on.
- 2. Please ensure that your devices are connected to the wireless router.
- 3. Open a web browser. If you have operated the Netgear genie before then type www.routerlogin.net in the address bar of the browser you have opened. The Netgear Genie screen pops up in front of you. But if you are new and set up the router for the first time then the Genie screen automatically opens up and starts performing the setup.
- 4. After the opening of the Genie screen, you have to follow on-screen instructions. It asks you some things to confirm and all other things are done by the Genie itself.
- If you are unable to see the web page, try these tips.
- • Check the connection of your computer to the router. The Computer must be connected to one of the LAN ports of the router.
- • Check the Power LED of the router to ensure that it is turned on.
- • Check any update or cache of the browser. Sometimes these things can also responsible for not opening the web page.
- • Make sure that your computer has set to DHCP so that it can automatically retrieve the IP address from the router.